Organ Biography > Places and Organs > Ireland > Armagh > St. Patrick’s (Anglican) Cathedral

Details of St. Patrick’s (Anglican) Cathedral, Armagh, Ireland


Organ History
1839Built by Walker
1854Moved to north transept and enlarged by
1870Rebuilt by Walker
Status
Unknown
Sources
“Dictionary of Organs and Organists”, George Mate & Son, 1921.

ManualsStopsRanksCouplersAction
321-3-



List of Organists
Edward Hopkins
1634-42Richard Galway
1661-95John Hawkshaw
1695-Robert Hodge
1711-22William Toole
1722-52Samuel Bettridge
1752-58John Woffington (-1758)
1759-74Robert Barnes
1776-80Langrishe Doyle
1782-94Richard Langdon (1730-1803)
1794-97John Clarke (1770-1836)
1797-1816John Jones (1767-1820)
1816-23Frederick William Horncastle (1790-1850)
1823-72Robert Turle (1804-1877)
George Lee (1812-)
1872-1916T. Osborn Marks (1845-1916)
1916-20G. H. P. Hewson (1881-1972)
1920-35Edred Martin Chaundy (1871-1960)
1935-50Reginald H. West
1950-66Frederick G. Carter (1913-)
2002-Theo Saunders (1957-2016)

List of Assistant Organists
Arthur Richardson (-1826)
1849David Lee (1837-1897)
1852-60James Christopher Marks (1835-1903)
1860-72T. Osborn Marks (1845-1916)

List of Other Organists
William Frederick Wood
1873-77William G. Wood (1859-1895)

Please note we have not yet completed the full cross index of organists to churches, &c.